You can start with a short walk around the Gîtes:
- The discovery trail around Le Pioch de Briandes. You will be astounded by the beauty of the scenery and the magnificent views. (30 min.)
- The Nize trail takes you to an unspoilt valley, following a narrow footpath along Nize stream then climbing a sheep trail towards the volcanic peaks of the Escandorgues massif and back through Briandes chestnut grove to the gîtes. (2 h 30)
According to the season, you may find cep or chanterelle mushrooms or chestnuts to cook in the evening.
- The hike to St. Amans Chapel (2 hrs) is quite unforgettable. On a clear day, you can see the whole of the Golfe du Lion and even to the Pyrenees in the distance. If you want to continue further, the Lac du Salagou is 2.5 hrs from the chapel.
We also have a football pitch, a petanque ground and a table tennis table on site, as well as a traditional baker’s oven, a barbecue area and lots (and lots) of space, both in the sun or in the shade for mealtimes or outdoor activities. There are also deckchairs for a comfy siesta!
The table tennis table
Sheltered from the sun and rain for really enjoyable table tennis tournaments! We have bats and balls for you to use.
The petanque ground
Recently resurfaced, the ground is ready for your petanque matches with your family and friends.
The football pitch
Our football pitch in a meadow will keep players of all ages entertained. Many memorable “mini” matches have been played here 🙂
A relaxation area
For mealtimes or outdoor activities, we have space in or out of the sun! The fire pit means you can do some star gazing at night… (Deck chairs provided!)
The traditional baker’s oven and barbecue
The wood oven is at your disposal if you want to cook over a wood fire, make some bread or pizzas, or have a barbecue (large gîte only).
There are lots of mountain bike trails and circuits in our area, each new trail taking you to a different place.
The region’s plus points:
The temperate climate means you can cycle all year round. The Salagou circuit with its red-coloured dunes offers a playground with endless possibilities. It’s worth the detour just to cycle round the lake.
(5 minutes from the Gîtes, 34650, Hérault)
The leisure complex is open to the public in the summer and has a swimming pool with slides, games and shady areas. Those who prefer river bathing can visit Gravezon river with its waterfall and beach.
- You can see the Occitan village when you take the Briandes road out of Lunas.
- Tennis court
- Fishing trail
Here is a small selection of links to local nature sites:
- Grotte de Clamouse
- Grotte de Labeil
- Lac du Salagou
- Parc Naturel Régional du Haut Languedoc
- Causse du Larzac
- le Caroux
- les Gorges d’Héric
and cultural sites:
Three great ideas for a day out:
For those who love sport and thrills
- Via ferrata
- Rock climbing in the Caroux
- Horse riding
- Hang gliding, Paragliding
- Sailing, Windsurfing
Our friends at Lunas tourist office next to the church will be happy to give you information about all the places of interest you can visit in our beautiful region.
The excellent website put together by the Amis de Lunas association, www.amisdelunas.fr/sommaire.htm provides a great deal of information on the history and environment of Lunas.
Markets in the area: organic market on Monday and Saturday in Bédarieux and on Saturday in Lodève.